Some interesting facts about John Paul and his businesses:
• John Paul Mitchell Systems is the largest privately held hair salon line, producing more than 100 products, with a presence in more than 100 countries. Patron Spirits International is the world’s No. 1 ultra premium tequila, available in more than 140 countries.
• John Paul was once homeless before achieving success with Paul Mitchell in the early 1980s.
• In 2009, he told Entrepreneur magazine, “The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people do all the things unsuccessful people don’t want to do. When 10 doors get slammed in your face, go to number 11 enthusiastically, with a smile on your face.”
• He doesn’t use email. In 2012 he told Inc. magazine, “I would be so inundated that I wouldn’t be able to get any work done. Instead, I do everything in person or on the phone. I have a phone book that’s 15 years old and filled with whiteout and rewrites. I carry that everywhere.”
• Join 22,000 others and follow John Paul on Twitter.